Here's an overview of the construction work underway for the Surgical Services Expansion this week.
- Work will be completed in stage 1b (new Theatre Operations Centre and ACNM office) and will be handed over on Friday.
- Construction work will continue in stage 2 (new Theatre Admissions and Discharge Unit).
- Demolition and construction will be undertaken in stage 5 areas (old orderlies office and cleaners store).
- There will be noisy work happening overnight in stage 2 areas. This will affect all of the perioperative unit and departments which are adjacent to Hospital Street. The day is yet to be confirmed, and we will notify staff when this is known.
- Work will continue on the exterior of the link bridge. This will not affect use of the bridge by staff who are now using it (pictured).
- The Theatre Tutorial meeting room will be closed from next week to allow work to start in stage 4. Any meetings booked in this room have been cancelled or relocated