Work is underway to refurbish our radiology department. The refurbishment will support us to provide quality diagnostics and procedures now and in the future for a range of conditions, including heart disease, emergency services and cancers.
Work completed to date includes:
- Replacing our angiography unit(external link) and upgrading the room with new paint and vinyl flooring
- Refurbishing two out of three Digital Radiography rooms (formerly X-ray rooms), including optimising the layout to improve flow and better accommodate beds and stretchers, as well as new paint and vinyl flooring
- Equipment upgrades in two of the three Digital Radiography rooms - we've installed state-of-the-art Philips Digital Diagnost C90 equipment
- Replacing the fluroscopy unit(external link)
- We've made a major software upgrade and minor hardware upgrade to our existing MRI machine
Work still to come includes:
- Work starts in mid June on refurbishing and refitting the third and final Digital Radiography room, and is expected to take about a month
- We will be doing an interior fitout to accommodate a second MRI machine to be added to our fleet, bringing the total MRIs to two.
We look forward to updating you as work progresses.