Work is underway to refurbish our radiology department. The refurbishment will support us to provide quality diagnostics and procedures now and in the future for a range of conditions, including heart disease, emergency services and cancers.
Work completed as at July 2022:
- We've replaced our angiography unit(external link) and upgraded the room with new paint and vinyl flooring
- We've refurbished three Digital Radiography rooms (formerly X-ray rooms), including optimising the layout to improve flow and better accommodate beds and stretchers, as well as new paint and vinyl flooring
- We've also upgraded the equipment in all three Digital Radiography rooms(external link) - these now have state-of-the-art Philips Digital Diagnost C90 equipment
- Replacing the fluroscopy unit(external link)
- We've made a major software upgrade and minor hardware upgrade to our existing MRI machine.
A medical imaging technologist looks at the new Philips Digital Diagnost C90 in the refurbished digital radiography room at Hawke's Bay Hospital.
Watch this space for:
We will be doing an interior fitout to accommodate a second MRI machine to be added to our fleet, bringing the total MRIs to two.
We look forward to updating you as work progresses.